Sunday, July 15, 2007

The Flying Okie




Welcome! Cherokee two eight whiskey ten miles out inbound for 35. Anyone in the pattern?




First post of my blog. I've been a pilot since 99' and rated for private VFR fixed wing and rotorcraft. Received my fixed wing private ticket in a Cessna 172 and my rotocraft (helicopter) in a Bell 47.


Learned how to fly out of Riverside Airport in Tulsa/Jenks, Oklahoma. 10th Busiest Airport (in number of airplanes) in the United States http://www.jraa.org/ see it for yourself. (pic)


From ground school to check ride, I did it all at Robertson Aviation. Highly recommended school.


In 2000, I traveled to Maui, commercial airlines, and made some touch and goes at Maui International which was cool. Had some big planes in the sky with me and made me feel like I was one of the big boys up there. Beautiful scenery and great weather that day, a day I'll never forget.


Note: If you ever have the desire to learn how to fly airplanes JUST DO IT. Pick up the phone book, look for an aviation school and sign up. Just make the call.


No comments: